Full-time // In-person // Marketing
Brave Books, an up-and-coming conservative book publishing company in the Conroe area, is looking to build our team and we need you! We are seeking talented individuals with graphic design skills and experience for this position. If you have a strong work ethic, work efficiently to meet deadlines and can create designs when given a vision - we invite you to apply! Christian, Conservative, Creative are the 3 C’s that must be checked for this position - non-negotiable. The ideal candidate for this position thrives in a fast paced environment. You are a team player and you are a self-starter that can get things organized and rolling without a ton of oversight needed.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Lead Creative Designer
- Plans and illustrates concepts by designing rough layouts of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetics.
- Coordinates with internal teams, including marketing, in the design concept phase through completion of a project.
- Obtains approval of concepts by preparing rough layouts for review.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Obtains final copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment and by making purchases from vendors when required.
- Coordinates with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc. to complete projects.
- Use Adobe InDesign to layout our monthly children’s books, as well as any one-off book we publish.
- Iterate and design products and packaging in conjunction with our current in-house graphic designer and Head of Product.
- Help fulfill Marketing graphic needs by collaborating with the Marketing Department and Sales Department.
- 2+ years of experience in graphic design.
- Experience working in and growing a brand’s design.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid time off, and employee discounts.